Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quiet Time : Favor of God - Genesis 4

Today I was reading in Genesis chapter 4.

Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man." Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.
Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

What strike me the most is "The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering,"

What is favor of God?? It didn't mention in early chapter?? How they know??
Isn't both of them offer their best, why don't God accept both offering??

Then, I ask again, what is favor of God?? and How can I be the favor of God like what Abel did??

Somehow, the answer is very simple. Which is approval for what we do for Him, and we must know very clear what pleases the Lord. Meaning God accept it.

We may have different kind of gifts and talents to be whatever we call to be. But, do we win the favor of God??

This may trouble me. Many of us will have this mindset "I do what I think I want to do"
But, do I win His favor?? I don't know.

However, this chapter is very encouraging for me to discover what will please the Lord. Therefore, I pray whatever you or me doing, can win His favor just like what Abel did.
Ans this may be our servant's attitude in always look for our Master's favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment