Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Beauty of My Lord's Timing

Today..I get a lot of free time in office and I able to read up so many pages of Christian Living Book call The Purpose Driven Life.
I haven't completely read through the whole book. I would like to continue until the last page.

And this is the topic that I read ~
1. Growing Through Temptation
2. Defeating Temptation
3. It Takes Time

Once a while, the most precious name is who I want to treasure the most, and because of it, he did motivated me so so much in how to shared more God's word, strengthen me what I believe in, shared what we learn from different class in SDC, encourage him to share his thought during worship, and build up each other in knowledge and in emotion...all this is really wonderful for me even right now. But, this ungodly Devil use our love to attack back both of us. I'm ashamed for no matter how wonderfully we share about God's word, but...we didn't involve God in the relationship. It's really a shame..
Though wanted so much to learn to let go, somehow, I'm sorry for I failed the test again even it almost 4months times. Even worst, I was argued with a close sister..I apologize for that. I have make many prayers, cried out loud so many many times..and yet no one can hear me and I do helpless at many difficult moment I'm in.

After I have read about above topic, the result I have for my temptation is the one I day and night want to be with. Is really funny for some reason. He help me grow in the Lord; at the same time Satan use him as most powerful weapon trying to kill me off.

In the book, it mention, Satan always look for whoever is want to get near to God. And guess what is Satan's most powerful weapon??? Not start a war. Not killing people. Not stopping a Christian to worship God. But, is to always whisper you by suggest and throw idea and provide more choice to for you to make a "better" decision. The purpose is to influence us to make a wrong decision. Sad to tell that, whatever wrong decision we have in life, is from us. Because we are the one who make the decision, not Satan. It is very scary for me.

herewith some sharing from the book
1. Every temptation is an opportunity to do good.
2. Temptation simply provides the choice.
3. Every time you choose to do good instead of sin, you are growing in the character of Christ.
4. Christlike = Fruit of the Spirit.(Gal 5:22-23)
5. Fruit always matures and ripens slowly.
6. Temptation starts when Satan suggest (with a thought) that you give in to an evil desire, or that you fulfill a legitimate desire in a wrong way or at the wrong timing.
7. It begins within us - a desire inside of us.
8. Temptation is a sign that Satan hates you, not a sign of weakness or worldliness.
9. Wise planning reduces temptation.
10. There is a 24hours hot-line in Heaven : Pray to God whenever you having something wrong.
11. Get the power to do the right thing and then expect him to provide it.
12. The battle for sin is won or lost in your mind.
13. Temptation begins by capturing your attention. Whatever gets my attention will get me.
14. You mind is your most vulnerable organ. Overcome evil with good.
15. Choose carefully what you think about.
16.The truth is, whatever you can't talk about is already out of control in our life.
17. Quoting Scripture whenever temptation around, just like what Jesus did.
18. Don't ever try to argue with the Devil. He's better at arguing that you are, having had thousand of years to practice.
19. No shortcut for maturity. Same go to Spiritual Maturity.
20. It takes Time
21. Growth is often painful and scary.
22. Believe God is working in your life even when you don't feel it.
23. Remember that God is never in a hurry, but he is always on time.

Continue on, Satan was tempted Jesus before. Same go to us, Satan also will tempt us.
To identify, what is my temptation in my life? And the most biggest temptation is the one who I love the most.. Is really funny...really funny..It's funny because I'm just an ordinary girl who don't have extra skills or talents or gifts. Then, why Satan trying so hard to attack me??? Really funny loh..
Then, I read on, the reason is..because you are somebody in God's eyes and Satan know your heart to find God. Satan will just do all kind of things to take you away from God.

Haiz....

We often sing the song
<In His Time, In His Time, He make all things Beautiful, In His Time>
I have make a prayer, I want to see the Beauty of my Lord's timing. And I'm eager and waiting to see the Beauty of my Lord's timing. And it take time for me to view God's beauty, and be prepare for it gonna be hard and painful.

We may begin at the very wrong timing. But, I pray and sincerely want to see God's beauty and smile back to God and say,"It is so beautiful. Thank you, God."
I'm waiting for this day.
I'm waiting....to experience what is tears of Joy, not tears of Sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment