Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quiet Time : Romans 12 :9-21

Early in the morning, I think around 7.15am I already woke up.

And I have this oppurtunity to begin my day with Scripture reading and prayer in this holiday.
Is a happy thing. (now remember Ee May's solo in song fest ><)
Often Romans 12 is so popular quoted by many leaders in verse 1 & 2.. However, today I'm reading from verse 9 until verse 21. Accidentally, it talking about Love.

Love is a powerful weapon in God's battle. Agree?? Just my personal thinking only.
But, this powerful weapon only can powerful when we use it in correct term.

There are few verses hit me in this passage.

#1 Love must be sincere. (Romans 12 :9)
What is Sincere Love??
Sincere Love requires concentration and effort. It simply means helping others become better people.

#2 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12 : 12)
This is what Christian's secret recipes to make a Christian become better and mature in thinking.

#3 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12 : 21)
We are call to overcome our evil with sincere love. Let the truth and love replace this evil and bad things.

If possible after you reading my post, please do read through the again from bible again.

And I make a long prayer and I realize I just couldn't stop pray for my brother and sister in Christ whom I love so much. I'm sure somehow there are many people will pray for me as well.
Therefore, let us continue in consistently practice this sincere love by our action and prayers for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment